Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Predation: The Fate of A Chipmunk




                                                     THE CHIPMUNK


      I managed to capture this and my other photograph with the help of my handy dandy sneakiness!  No, not really.  The chipmunk was just too slow.  Although my effort at proving myself adroit at taking pictures of fast moving creatures failed, I can still tell you all about how this innocent little chipmunk will one day rot in pieces in some animals' stomach.  Or get bashed up by a car tire, but lets not think of that!


   
    Chipmunks, like numerous other creatures, are prey to bigger, "badder" animals such as badgers, bears, foxes, weasels, and owls.  And there are more predators out there, too.  Sounds like our "real" world, doesn't it?  Ha. Ha, ha.  Predators are animals who kill other animals for food.  Their main motive is to survive and not starve, to feel sated and healthy.  In this particular case, the chipmunk would end up being the prey.  The animal that is killed to serve as food is called the prey.  The interaction between the chipmunk (or other prey) and a predator would be called predation.
       You have just learned all about how predation works!  The predator kills the prey.  Ta da!    
  Next up is my anecdote about how the chipmunk lost his eye.  Just kidding!  I'll spare you the gory details...  


      These photos were miraculously taken by your very own Starflower794!  Feel free to send in some compliments.  Ha, ha, again! 

~Starflower794!


2 comments:

  1. Your blog was very well-written. How did you take such a nice picture. I tried to take a picture of a squirrel, but it kept moving. You really need to give me some tips. Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hahagirl! The squirrel was trying to hide, but it stopped for a moment to think or something and I just used a lot of zoom ;) Also, I discovered that the squirrel was hiding out in that brick-y object you see in the picture. So I just waited until it came out! Thanks again for your compliment!

    ReplyDelete